thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Thursday, July 24

BRITISH SCIENTIST KILLED BY ANTARCTIC SEAL

Ok - check out THIS story. A couple of questions:

1. Why was this woman snorkeling in the Antarctic? I mean, if a seal hadn't gotten her, hypothermia would have.

2. Why did all the by-standers just stand by and watch? I guess they earned the title "bystanders" with this one.

3. What was up with this seal? I mean, look at this little guy and tell me why he would do something like that.

The article states, "Leopard seals are incredibly inquisitive, but are not normally aggressive. If a diver can see a leopard seal, then they will not go in the water because there is a small risk. But to our knowledge, this has never happened before."

The seal was quoted as saying, "Hey, don't blame me. I'm just a sucker for a woman in a tight rubber suit. I can't help it, so step off and talk to the flipper!"
A Seal, on an iceberg in sunny Antarctica

There's a reason they call this a "wild" animal...

Goodnight...

|