thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Thursday, September 18

FRIENDS, ER, MTV & OSBOURNES

Ok, here's the deal. I have hardly any time in my schedule to watch TV. Some would say this is good, I think it kind of stinks because I like to watch TV. Don't get me wrong, some people have a real problem with TV addiction. I don't. And it might be because I really don't have time to watch it.

ANYWAY... That is about to change as a new season of FRIENDS begins a couple of Thursdays from now. I'm also really into ER. 2 great shows that give me my necessary TV dosage every week in the fall/spring.

I was thinking about some of the shows I grew up watching. Shows like: The Love Boat, Three's Company, Fantasy Island, Dallas, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, Happy Days, The Facts of Life, Little House on the Prairie and a bunch of others.

Of course, I was one of those MTV addicts who would find my way over to my neighbors house (who had cable tv) and become entranced (is that a word?) in front of the TV watching music videos and the Spring Break parties. Ahhh... What memories! :)

Not much has changed I guess. When I get a chance, MTV is one of the first channels I turn to (after Food Network). I had somewhat of an addiction last year to the Osbournes (Go ahead - blast away...) and the show Cribs. Cribs is the show where they tour all of the homes of different rock stars and celebrities. The highlight is when they open the fridge door and show everyone what's inside of it.

It really doesn't take much to entertain people, does it?!

What the heck am I saying here? I don't know and I better go to bed before this turns ugly.

Goodnight.

P.S. What are you watching? Comment away!

|