thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Thursday, October 16

GOOD JOB ANYWAY GUYS...



Tonight, as I was driving north on the Stephenson Expressway towards my home, I caught a quick glimpse of the tip of the Sears Tower and the John Hancock Building way off into the distance. As I saw the flashing light on top of the Sears Tower, I couldn't help but think about the millions of people all over Chicago who were at home or leaving tonight's game with their heads down and maybe a tear or two in their eyes.

To Chicagoans and many people even beyond this great city, tonight's loss was not just a "loss", it was a broken dream. Had the Cubs been this close the World Series five, four, or even two times in the past five, ten or twenty years, tonight's loss might have been a little bit easier to cope with for a lot of people. But this was history in the making. Which makes me realize that with the Cubs coming as far as they did tonight, history was still made. And for that, the Cubs deserve a "hat's off". And maybe even a parade...

So Cubs - I applaud you tonight for a great season and some memorable games. Don't buy this "Billy Goat Curse" thing. Next year we'll show 'em...

Goodnight.

|