thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Friday, December 26

CHRISTMAS



Great, great Christmas. Hope yours was too.

I think that what made our Christmas great this year was not just the giving and receiving of gifts, or the food, or the laughs - although all of that was great too. (By the way, thanks again Cara for those candleholders - they'll look great in my office!) But to me, what made Christmas great this year was the continued realization of how incredibly blessed I am to be a part of my family.

Believe me, I am not naive to the fact that for many, Christmas is not a great time of the year. In fact, I know people who view Christmas as a depressing time of the year in their lives and that deeply saddens me. Especially during a time like Christmas, where we tend to express (to some degree), our love and care for one another through giving and receiving. (Don't read too far into this Uncle Norm - again, the moose was Amanda's idea...)

So anyway, I am thankful that I am a part of a family who really loves and cares for one another and who would, at any given moment, drop everything in their lives to take care of each other. I'm also thankful for my friends - many of whom were with their own families today - but whom I missed on a day like today.

So there's my quick reflection on Christmas before I hit the hay.

How was yours?

|