thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Monday, December 8

DAY OFF

Today was my day off. It was a sucky day. I was in some sort of emotional funk all day long. Kind of pissy towards everyone. I'm not totally sure why either. Well I (sort of) know why, but I still reflect back on my day and (as always) ask myself, "How in the freak did I allow myself to be so emotionally jacked up today?"

I guess I make myself somewhat vulnerable when I admit things like this, but I don't really care anymore. I'm human. I go through crap just like everyone else and sometimes (more often than not), I just downright make stupid choices when it comes to my attitude.

So...................tonight I went to Starbucks and worked. And the scary part about that is that it actually helped improve my mood. I don't think it was the caffeine either (although the more I think about the whole coffee addiction, the more it makes sense that it actually might be related...).

Anyway, I think part of the reason I cheered up tonight is because I spent the good part of an hour cleaning out my email inbox. In my inbox were (at least) 5 emails from people whose lives have recently been positively impacted through the church that I work at. 5 is a good number - and seldom does my inbox have 5 "testimonials" in it at one time. But I guess God knew that I would need those emails at 9:30pm on a Monday night after I spent a day being a jerk to my wife, daughter and a couple of other people.

Thanks God. Sorry family.

I'll do better next time.

Goodnight.

|