thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Wednesday, April 14

THE PAIN OF LOSS

The mother of a very close friend of mine died in her sleep the other night. She was in her 50's and it was very, very sudden. In about 4 1/2 hours, I will wake up and take him to the airport to catch an early flight out of state to be with his family and to bury his mom.

I am so sad for him right now. I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through and I would give almost anything to be able to snap my fingers and make things better.

But I can't.

He doesn't need me to be a pastor. He doesn't need for me to be a "fellow Christian brother". All he really needs right now is someone who can be somewhat confused with him while he sorts his thoughts and realizes his loss. I guess he just needs me to be his friend.

Pray for my friend Kevin. And pray for me - that I can be a true friend to him right now.

Thanks.


|