thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Friday, May 14

BOOKS

Awaiting the delivery of a couple of new books I've ordered:

Free Prize Inside: The Next Big Marketing Idea by Seth Godin and...

Bird by Bird : Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott.

Seth Godin is a great writer on the topic of marketing. Check out his blog here. He's one of those people who is great to read for a little "outside the box" inspiration.

I was introduced to Anne Lamott by hearing John Ortberg mention her name over and over, so I finally decided to order one of her books. If she's good for John, I'm sure she'll be good for me. (Not that I'm comparing myself to John - by ANY means.)

I recently restarted (for the 3rd time) reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. The book has been #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list for 59 weeks now. There's a lot of controversy surrounding the book and maybe if I can sit down and focus on reading it I will one day find out why.

What are you reading right now?

|