thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Sunday, May 23

MORON AWARD OF THE DAY GOES TO…

It’s official - I’m an idiot.

Today, it was raining on and off here in Chicagoland. In fact, at times it was a pretty heavy rain. This evening I was in my office doing some work and it started pouring pretty bad. During the down pour, I remember thinking to myself, “I hope no pour souls left their car windows down…”

An hour later I went outside to get something from my car and found my moon roof open…….…all the way! My first thought was, “Who in God’s name went into my car and opened up my moon roof?” And then it dawned on me – it was me. When I got to the office today, the sun was shining and it was at least 80 degrees. So, I left my moon roof open.

There was at least 2 ½ inches of water on each seat. Water everywhere. So, I grabbed a bunch of towels to soak it up and covered my seat with 2 large plastic garbage bags. (You better believe I’m lookin’ cool in my car…) On my drive home as I was sliding around on my plastic covered seats I felt like I was sitting on my Aunt Margie’s couch in her living room.

So, that’s how my Saturday ended.

How was yours?


|