thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Monday, May 3

MY NAME IS GEEK I'M MORE THAN A HIP-HOPPER

I didn't even know they still make them. I guess I don't watch enough late night television. I'm talking about BluBlocker Sunglasses. You know - the ones that have the commercials where the dude (Dr. Geek) is rapping about BluBlocker sunglasses? (My name is Geek I put 'em on as a shocker; Man, I love these BluBlockers!)

Well, their latest advertising campaign still involves the rapper, but in addition (in an updated attempt) now they show images of US soldiers in Afghanistan wearing the sunglasses too. I guess they saw that as a giant marketing opportunity. Afghanistan = sun = the need for sunglasses = BluBlockers!

And don't forget:
Remember what I said "now I'm a hip hopper"
Yeah go get you some BluBlockers.
Um, now yep its sweet
I'll see you later I gotta make some money on the beach.


|