thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Monday, August 2

1:45AM

It's 1:45am

I just got home from a quick trip out to the grocery store. The past couple of nights Elise has slept horribly – tossing, turning and crying with a bad cough and stuffy nose. So tonight I decided that we all needed good night’s sleep, and I took a quick, early morning trip over to Cub Foods.

Interesting observations at Cub Foods at 1:30 in the morning.

First of all, who are these people shopping at this time of the morning? And why?

I saw a few women casually strolling down the aisles as if they were stocking up for a picnic happening at 4:00AM. I can understand the person who has a middle of the night emergency to tend to, but grocery shopping at 1:30am? I suppose all the kids are in bed and for some moms; it might be sort of like a brief mini-vacation.

I also found out that the late night hangout in Downers Grove is the White Castle on 75th & Lamont Rd. There were cars and people everywhere. And here’s the thing… I enjoy a slider now and then (quite often as a matter of fact), but at 1:30 in the morning? May the Lord help anyone within 2 square miles of these people in the morning.

Things have settled down, now I’m off to bed. Goodnight and Happy Monday.

|