thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Thursday, August 26

Beat It



I hopped back into the 80's time machine today in my car. Circa 1982 - Michael Jackson's song, "Beat It".

Oh, the memories... I have to admit that I had my share of Jackson freakage going on as a kid. I was 9 years old. I had the white glove. I had the red jacket with the zippers. The large egg shaped sunglasses. My mom bought me all of that stuff and had no idea that this was Michael Jackson inspired.

In fact, I'll never forget the time that I excitedly put some quarters into those candy machines at the grocery store and gotten about 3 or 4 photos of Michael Jackson that I quickly put in my wallet. One day at church my mom found my wallet that had apparently fallen out of my pocket and found the pictures. I was ashamed (and almost beaten). The pictures were probably burned, because Lord knows that a young man in the church sure as heck better not have any pictures of Michael Jackson (aka satan) in his possession. Ahhh... the memories....

Did you get hit with the MJ syndrome?

|