thoughts/ideas/opinions from scott hodge

Saturday, February 19

Mouse

There's a mouse in my car.

I have no idea how it got in there, but today I was parking the car out on the street in front of our home and I looked down in the floor board and saw a mouse run across my shoe and up inside of a hole at the bottom of my dashboard.

As quickly as I could I grabbed the handle to my car door and tried to open it only to discover that it was locked. I begin praying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" really fast and finally got the door opened. I jumped/slid out of the car and looked around to see if anyone was watching.

I then went into the house, grabbed a broom and went back out to my car and started poking around in the opening of my dashboard where the mouse ran into. No luck. I got a mousetrap and some cheese.

A couple of hours later the cheese was GONE but the mousetrap was empty. Proof that there IS a mouse in my car. And also proof that this is one smart mouse.

I had to leave this afternoon so I took my wife's car and left mine out on the street. I've resorted to creamy Jiffy peanut butter on the mousetrap. We'll see what happens.

|